| If you know of a link which you would recommend
adding to this list, please contact
Disease Education and Referral Center (ADEAR) AD Research Centers - The National Institute on Aging currently funds 29 Alzheimer’s
Disease Centers (ADCs) and three Affiliate Centers at major medical
institutions across the U.S.
Disease Research Center (University of Washington)
- The University of Washington Alzheimer's Disease Research Center focuses
on research that can illuminate basic mechanisms underlying the development
of adult dementing disorders, with particular attention to heritable
susceptibility factors underlying Alzheimer's disease.
- Indiana Alzheimer Disease Center - The IADC is a National Institute on Aging funded program whose purpose is to identify persons with probable Alzheimer disease.
Ageing Research Institute Incorporated - Several
AD-related research projects. Located in North West Hospital in Parkville,
Alzheimer's Coordinating Center - The National
Alzheimer's Coordinating Center facillitates collaborative research
naming the 32 Alzheimer's Disease Centers funded by the National Institute
Nun Study (University of Kentucky, Sanders-Brown Center on Aging)
- A longitudinal study of aging and Alzheimer's disease funded by the
National Institute on Aging. Participants are 678 American members of
the School Sisters of Notre Dame religious congregation who were 75-103
years of age.
Alzheimer's Disease Center - Dedicated to
care, education, and research into Alzheimer's disease.
- Shiley-Marcos Alzheimer's Disease Research Center - The UC San Diego, Shiley-Marcos Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center (ADRC) was established in 1984, one of the original five of the Alzheimer’s Disease Centers supported by the National Institute
on Aging, a branch of the National Institutes of Health.
Illinois University Center for Alzheimer's Disease and Related Disorders
- Provides clinical services to patients and their families, supports
research through a brain bank autopsy program, and provides educational
services to both medical professionals and lay persons.
Alzheimer's Center of California - One of
nine centers funded by the California Department of Health Services.
Gerontology Center (University of South Florida)
- Alzheimer's disease, geriatric education and health promotion. Provides
a comprehensive set of activities including direct patient care, clinical
research and education to health professionals, patients and family
Memory and Aging Center (University Hospitals of Cleveland and Case
Western Reserve University) - Mission is to
promote the best possible care to persons with Alzheimer's disease and
their families through an integrated program of clinical services, research,